martes, marzo 01, 2005

Abundant Provision

Hola chaps. Typed this up last night but just couldn't get around to posting it, guess you'll have to be content with old news. Oh and everyone who's expecting a long and glorious email from me, look down at the part about mid terms and just harbor low expectations for this week.


Today...

I

got

a

job

!

It all happened so fast!!! Yesterday, Dad told me and Amy about an opportunity that came up at the Kokomo Rescue Mission (where he works as the night chaplain) for a cleaning job. Seems that they needed a cleaner for two hours every week night in the offices where all the manager/boss/accountant/chaplain type people are. Simple cleaning, flexible hours, steady pay every single week!!! Well, today when we got back from our string ensemble practice, Dad's voice was on the answering machine. And a couple of calls later we were set up for an interview for forty minutes later at 7!!! We (or at least I) ran around the house like a madman, only to landed at the mission on key, and land a job as cleaners.

!!!!!

Yeah, and the best part is that my esteemed assistant, Mr. Amy James, gets to come in, and take part of the load whenever we want, and we just part the funds. So if she or I is having a heavy night (or even week) the other can cover for a few days and there we have it. One of the big points that I've left out is that we have been praying about this for several weeks. And God answered in a gracious and loving way when me and Amy had kindof began to forget and set it aside. We will now have nice spending money, be able to save up very well for big things, and be in a safe, nice place four blocks from home and literally a stone's throw (if stones could go around hall corners) from where Dad will be sitting, every night we are there. Great huh? Abundantly more than we could possible ask or think.

Wow, and I was going to have other "big news" that this just blew out of the water. Well, maybe those who know me (and my head) really well, will get the earthshakingness of this next statement. I got my hair cut. everybody squeak!!!! Yup on Saturday night, I had a good (experienced) friend over, and after poking at pictures, and waving our arms, she sat me in a chair and started whacking our layers. No I did not get it bobbed so short so as to fully clear my shoulders (c'mon guys, this is me!). But let me just say that all my girlfriends who saw me the next day immediately gave me a hug and gushed. ::Girly hair moment!!::

Ok Guys, you can come back now, in fact this next more sobering hair observation is for you. We were in our room just afterward with Amy's bulletin board full of pics of friends and LOTR characters. The friend I had looked up, pointed to Boromir and said, "Look! Lord of the Rings hair!!" It was appallingly true, at that moment, except for the enviable beard (ra-THER) my locks resembled those of the mighty warrior of Gondor. Now, blow dried and smoothed, they resemble much less, but I fear that the thought will haunt me for some time to come...

In other, "minor" news, I have at least one Mid Term this week and two other tests/Mid terms due within a week of today. ::looks at watch:: Yeah, and I've already extended my 8.43 minutes of non-eating/non-sleeping time. You can be praying for me.

Big news of tomorrow: It's gonna be March first ::cough:: . Tomorrow is the first of March ::cough cough::, and Mom ::cough cough cough:: hasn't had a birthday in quite a while. Ok, those of you who need to find birthday e-cards know your mission.

Well, that's all toots.

Hasta... post mid term life.

9 comentarios:

Luddie dijo...

Huzzah for jobs!

Huzzah for Mom's birthday!

Huzzah for Boromir hair!

I want pictures. ;)

On a similar note, I've been trying beard and moustache. I don't know if I like it or not, but I haven't done more than touch-up shaves in like a month. I'm not going to give up on it though until I absolutely see it won't work for me. Viva la beard!

C. Bright dijo...

You'll have to exchange sibling pictures then via email attachments (unless you want all the millions of people who view your blogs to see your experiments.)

Suzanne dijo...

Oh my gosh! I've made a terrible mistake. I must have been logged in as the Pea when I posted that last comment. Sorry for trying to impersonate you, 47.

quirky dijo...

oh my gosh! a hair cut!!! help us! i totally want a picture too. i was going to suggest you put one on here, but seeing as you don't have your name anywhere, and your age is 102, and shiloh feels a little uncomfortable with it, i guess you won't want to post one. but there's always email.

dito the viva la beard! mine is coming along quite nicely now. haven't done more than shave my neck and upper lip in over two months! mwahahaha!!

don't forget pics boromir...

Feanor dijo...

A JOB??!!??!!?! I'll have to adjust your bio in my mind. The studious, but sadly jobless, long haired beauty must be replaced with a hard working Boromir. Wow! Thats a big change! Can you send me pictures? I'm experimenting with my hair too, but I'm sure mine aren't nearly as impressive or noticeable as yours. I'm so sorry I missed your B-day Mrs. Jones. Happy Birthday!!!!!

Feanor dijo...

This is so totally not Boromir, your still your awsome, beautifull self.

Suzanne dijo...

::bowing:: Well well dudes. Brownie points for coming up with a convincing something to say. :o) Now it's your turn. I want my inbox flooded with beards and experiments. C'mon! Picture time!!

C. Bright dijo...

Ug, I did mom's old trick!!! That last 'brownie point' comment was me.
Silly me.

Feanor dijo...

Sorry, Cabbage, I don't have a digital camera, so no pictures from me. I'm very flattered that I've been upgraded to charming from.... who knows what.