lunes, febrero 21, 2005

A letter writer at last

Erg, time to blog again. But what happened today??? (And just to make Josh and Jordan happy, my time count for this blog is 11 minutes ::wicked laugh::).

Ok, but what did happen today? Oh yeah, I sent off an article. The one I was complaining about in a reply to Mom's blog. It's about an... er... entertainer who came to my school and gave some stand up comedy. ::thinking:: Don't exactly know how to share it with those interested, it'd make a pretty weird blog. ::thinking again:: Ah. Just stop by the alumni hall of the Kelly Building and pick up one of the papers yourself, they should be just to your right as you walk in the southwest door. :D

In very welcome news... I got my pen pal today!!! ::cheers and sighs of relief:: I know I know, but for those of you who aren't raving participants in Candace's Fan Club, let me tell you the story. Our church Sabbath school class is studying foreign missions (Have I mentioned this? Seems I keep deja vooing and repeating myself). Well a couple of months ago everyone got email addresses of Missionaries in the RPCNA (Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America) who were out on the field. There were a lot of really far places where people are laboring to plant churches: France, Cyprus, the Philippines, Japan, Australia. I signed up for Ireland, and Mom did Scotland (Ben was Ireland too, and Amy was France, whata shock...)

Well, everyone had their email contacts right off except for France, Scotland, and Ireland. France came in later, Scotland at last. One lady in our class got a missionary in Russia, but was unable to write her 'cause of computer situations, so she asked if I'd write her. Finally, I had someone to write too, a woman in Moscow. Well, where would she be, but here on furlough in the states!! So she hasn't gotten back with me yet (but I think she's going back soon). Still, this could be really cool.

ANYWHO...
The point of this extended rabbit chasing, was to say that TODAY I got the email address of a young woman in Ireland. Yup I'm gonna email her today or tomorrow, DV. God is really gracious, and I rejoice at last. Now may He grant me faithfulness, wisdom, and love to correspond and worship across the miles.



P.S. Right now (at 7:09 pm on Monday) Dad's preaching at a homeless shelter for men. Even though you're reading this later, be praying and thinking about him. :o)


Hasta la eternidad

6 comentarios:

quirky dijo...

i will! speaking of emailing and stuff... yes, we were speaking of that... you don't have instant messenger do you?? it's such a handy thing. we could chat periodically if you give me your name. alrighty. good job on FINALLY posting again. :-p

Mr SFA man

Suzanne dijo...

I'm on the side of the spotty, whenever-you-feel-like-it bloggers.

FREEDOM FOR ALL - that's what I say.

I think I've been spending too much time in the Lez Mez story. ;O)

quirky dijo...

hey "mom," maybe you could tell me... does the pea have any other forms of communication, such as an email or msn or aim or anything?? or is that just top-secret stuff?

Suzanne dijo...

I don't bother with any of those other forms of communication. When I want to talk to the pea, I just walk right into her room and do it.

Maybe if you ask her again about email or instant messaging in ALL CAPS she'll hear you and respond. (Peas have very small ears, you know.)

quirky dijo...

haha, i hear ya.

PEA... DO YOU HAVE INSTANT MESSENGER OR EMAIL??

for those of you who don't know me, no, i'm not a stalker. :-P just a friend from TX. guess pea doesn't want to talk to me though. ;.-(

C. Bright dijo...

I am VERY sorry that I haven't replied sooner. No I don't IM anymore. I did it really heavy ages and ages ago in my youth (like 15 or so!), but it was so addictive and wasted so much of my time that I stopped and never went back. I do have email though, my persistant friend, and I shall email you this very minute :). Thanks for hanging in there.