viernes, febrero 04, 2005

la musica

Josh said that you weren't a real blogger unless you blogged within every three days. Well, I've apparently made my own Cabbyworld rule that goes something like this: "You aren't a real blogger unless you blog once every 1.16 weeks, just enough to stay alive and annoy everyone at the same time." Nice, huh?
We went to music lessons today. This involves squeezing into the little blue car (since the van has been iffy for a while and got repairs this morning), fixing our lunch with my elbow in Benny's tummy, and driving around Indiana for 40 minutes down, down to Carmel ("striving metropolis" Granny would have called it). Theoretically, one could bring the copious Chemistry book, like a good girl, and study down, up, and during Amy's lesson. In reality this meant bringing handfuls of newspapers to brush up on School Newspaper Layout because aldahydes and ketones are bad enough when one is stationary. But today was a good day and when we got out, the realization that it was not a Monday but Friday was to beautiful for words! Also, Pam was in a beneficiary mood today, she like how the Accolay was coming, her dogs were still the joys of her life, and no, I didn't need to pound the metronome for now. A good music lesson. (Ed. note: Everyone who doesn't know Pam Close should be informed that she is in fact a jaw dropping violinist, and the most fanatically outstanding teacher I've ever known or heard of. She just has those musician tangents every now and then.)
Ooo, maybe Joshy will be the only one to appreciate this, but I found out that Joshua Bell and Edgar Meyer are both IU alumni. Yeay Hoosiers!
On the paper trail (heh, you get it? paper trail, trying to join the newspaper? get it? I'm so witty!) I've finally gotten an email back from a real live human being who happens to also be the Editor in Chief. Only problem is that it wasn't addressed to only me but to a group of students who hadn't joined the paper but expressed interest. Now comes the crazy part: in the editors report and the minutes from the meetings various people keep pleading for volunteers to cover events that no one wants. One of these is a... we'll call it an "Expression Competition" tonight, where there'll be a open microphone for anyone to jump up and present original songs, poetry, instrumental music etc. And yup, I've volunteered to go (at least for an hour). Dad was very gracious when me and Mom sprung on him, he even said I could decide my own time to be home. (Ed. note II: I'm still not sure that being a big girl is all that fun, though. I try not to squirm under the responsibility of making decisions and pulling my weight, but does anyone have a ticket to Neverland just in case this growing up thing goes boom?) Anywho.
Well, I hear Mom in the kitchen, and methinks it's time to turn me thoughts to the culinary arts (or hearts, as it were, goodness I'm so cheezy!!!). Be praying for me that I don't fall down a rabbit hole while out in the wide world!!!

2 comentarios:

Feanor dijo...

was it your grown up feelings that drove you to threaten your poor little brother with a steak knife this evening? You really should try to curb those rising bloodthirsty grown up feelings, and don't fall down in gopher holes, there worse then rabbit holes cause there bigger, I know cause I have. Ok so that was weird, and on that pleasant note, tata

Suzanne dijo...

Don't worry, you'll be fine. You're about to have the opportunity to make plenty of decisions. A few rabbit holes never hurt anyone. Trust me on that one. Also any hardship is worth it to be instructed by the great Pam Close. Interesting lady. She even studied under the same teacher as Joshua Bell. And as to her playing, I can definitely hear the same sound as you hear coming from J.B. Smooth and expressive. May some of her greatness rub off on you and Amy.