lunes, abril 18, 2005

55 Completely Random Things About Me

Haha! Found the perfect time and reason to do this. Sorry Evan if this leaves you all on your own. There are pointless fads and then there are cool ways of expression that really let people get to know you. I want people to get to know me. Hold your hats (and your nose)!!!!

TEN Random Things About Me:
1o) My livelihood depends on paper towels (yes, I’m in the cleaning business).
o9) If I had to chose between getting stuck in an elevator with a tiger or a cockroach, I’d pick the tiger. Every time.
o8) I don’t go to Purdue.
07) I go to IU instead. I’m going back to IU in the fall. On purpose. (it’s an Indiana thing)
o6) Peanut Butter is for me rare and beautiful plunder
o5) I read Pride and Prejudice in three days, and a 60 page book by John Bunyan in over 6 months
o4) One of my all time favorite actors is Claude Rains
o3) I never get nose congestion, except when I drink milk
o2) I’d rather get up early than stay up late. I’m a genuine morning person.
o1) My friends refer to me as a European vegetable (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) of the mustard family, having a globose head consisting of a short stem and tightly overlapping green to purplish leaves. Yup, that’s Cabbage.

NINE Significant/Favorite Places I've Visited:
o9) Boston Massachusetts. Boston rocks. I’m going back.
o8) SCOOPS!! for the unfortunate who don’t reside in Kokomo, it’s the awesomest ice cream joint ever.
o7) Yellowstone National Park
o6) Mexico (for two minutes, literally)
o5) Middle Earth (in the form of all three books read time and time again)
o4) The Smithsonian
o3) The Grand Tetons
o2) An authentic Ethiopian Restaurant in Washington DC. The indigestion almost killed us.
o1) Shiloh, in the land of Texas.


EIGHT Things I Want To Do Before I Die
o8) Converse in fluid Spanish with a Spaniard.
o7) Play Bach on my violin that brings someone to tears.
o6) Eat sushi (good, authentic, expensive sushi).
o5) Learn how to love my family more and more.
o4) Have tea with the Queen.
o3) Own a horse again.
o2) Take Amy to Moscow.
o1). Be used of the Lord

SEVEN Ways to Win my Heart.
o7) Don’t take yourself too seriously
o6) Know the difference bewteen Dickens and Defoe
o5) Make me laugh till I cry.
o4) Slip away from old friends in order to invest in the new guy
o3) Don’t poke me when I’m tired
o2) Get all excited about the exciting things: beauty, a new language, a vista, Milton, an ancient Greek dude, the sovereignty of God
o1) Worship Christ the Savior

SIX Things I Believe In
o6) Sleep
o5) Relentless Love
o4) A good pen for taking notes
o3) Breakfast
o2) Air conditioners
o1) Being done with this blog (c’mon, it’s 10:30!!)

FIVE Things I'm Afraid Of (in no particular order)
o5) Deceiving myself
o4) Alienating people
o3) Random parts of perfectly normal movies that no one else finds the least disturbing, (such as Doc Ock coming alive for the first time in the hospital, or Jack Jack escaping from Syndrome.)
o2) Bugs
o1) People

FOUR of my Favorite Items in my Bedroom
o4) My peach colored purse
o3) A set of Mattew Henry’s Comentary on the Bible (a birthday presant, of couse)
o2) A hand-me-down desert camouflage jacket
o1) All our music cds, of Broadway, Mozanrt, Russtle Watson, Psalms, yes, even Enya

THREE Things I Do Everyday
o3) Drink green tea before I do anything else
o2) Leave shoes in the middle of the floor
o1) Ask long, garbled sentances choked with noun clauses.

TWO Things I'm Trying Not to do Right Now
o2) Rub my eyes (it’s a contact thing)
o1) Stay at the computer too long

ONE Person I Want to See Right Now
o1). My Granny

8 comentarios:

Feanor dijo...

How does this leave me alone? I conformed and did this thing like a month ago, do you mean Jordan? Oh and guess what, I ran out of the theatre when Doc Ock came alive :)

C. Bright dijo...

Oh yeah, I do remember yours it was cool. I guess I need to get back into the blog reading grove, but school's over in three weeks.

Did you run out for more pop corn, or to chase after Owen?

:P

Suzanne dijo...

Glad you finally broke down and did your own. It's fun.

Anónimo dijo...

And I want to see you, my wonderful Canny.

Feanor dijo...

No actually sheer terror :) Owen wadn't there, fortunately.

quirky dijo...

i still have not conformed and done the list. i also haven't come up with my own list. but i have done other things. don't even think about trying to make me feel left out.

Feanor dijo...

Oh by the way, I am deeply offended that my honorary title of Sir has been dropped on your links list

Feanor dijo...

Just out of curiosity, why do you have a link to your own blog on here?