miércoles, mayo 17, 2006

Now is the Hour

Oh yes, she blogs at last.

Well what has been happening these many moons? I finished finals and by the grace of God got some very good marks on them (you’ll notice the Britishism). It was a smashing semester, but I was more than hippy to begin perhaps the four sweetest months of summer break I’ll ever have. (That’s right, Watson, the British don’t start there semesters til later in September or October – so I’m having the mama of all breaks!).

Another of the Lord’s great provisions, I have a summer campus job! On one of my last days of the semester I was looking at a job roster board and the director of the art gallery just walked by and said, “Ya know, we’re looking for summer helpers in the gallery,” and kept walking by. Upon further questioning I found that he was quite serious and willing to hire me on the spot! Literally the morning after my last final I came in to set up training and was making moolah two days after that. Is not that sweet?!

The first thing I did with was help set up a new exhibit (if you’re in the area you ought to see this one it’s actually cool). This undertaking requires 1) strong legs to stand for several hours 2) a good math head to calculate where all the pictures should go so that they hang symmetrically on the wall and 3) patience. Naturally I am strong in none of these areas, but I managed to help and have fun somehow. So it’s weird but my first week of break was actually pretty busy. No that ::sniff: I didn’t have time to see MI III or perhaps grab a coffee from the queen of joe, but hey, one must survive during the summer!

6 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Wish I could see it. Congrats on the job.

the green sharpie! dijo...

Hey, you blog-eth at last! Glad finals went well and you got a sweet job!...*reluctantly* I suppose you deserve to have a longer break as you are moving...:-) I'll miss you! See you tomorrow! :-)
~leah

Suzanne dijo...

Yeah, I've gotta get over to IUK and see your exhibit soon.

Lovables.

Anónimo dijo...

Congradulations on finding a job!! I am happy for you. I am glad that your finals went well. I am almost finished with twelve grueling years of school. After I graduate next Saturday I plan to take a very deep breath.

Amy Thorne dijo...

Hey! You know how to blog?? Sveetness.....

I like coffee!!

Amy Thorne dijo...

Jamey.... shut thine trapage.