miércoles, marzo 29, 2006

These little winding words

Anyone care to write a novel for me so that I can win the Paul Zindel First Novel Award?

No takers?

Well, as you can see, I'm surfing the FastWeb scholarship site for possible augmentations of funds (yup, I just made up a new word - how Shakespearean of me!). Some of them, however, just don't quite match with me as a student. Like the one place that wanted me to write an essay arguing in favor of "voluntary means of population control" - whoa! a bit Huxlean for me.

On a much brighter note, the Lord really helped me with my Problem Speech. I got up there and things just came out in their own way, but I was overjoyed after getting through with it.

Well, off to the chopping block. There is something childishly wonderful about literature classes. Whereas I must collect interviews for journalism or conguage verbs for spanish, in both of my literature classes I may spend basking in Thomas More, or Hamlet, or Samuel Beckett. (Ok, no one is ever going to actually bask in Beckett, but he had some interesting things to say!).

¡Ciao!
(rhyms with "now")

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

You could write on "The Psychological Damage of the Lima Bean to Wonderful Grandchildren."

It's a private joke between SOG and WGC.

Amy Thorne dijo...

Hahaha! Granny is so funny and great!

Cabby, I would suggest that you write the continuing story of Middlemarch, elaborating the effect of opium on the thrid son of Mr. a& Mrs. Lingate, detailing the inward struggles of Fred and Mary's conflicts over money and social status, referencing the inability of Mr. Caveneau to appreciate the moral value of his wife, and rendering your audience speechless with your grand philosophical views on Mr. Fairbrother's gambling and Bulstrode's inelegant past.

Anónimo dijo...

Well, of coarse you could. Now would "thecaptain" please repeat that so we can begin our paper.