martes, abril 04, 2006

God made the sun!

And it shown today!!! I admit that I have often underestimated the effect of solar power on the human psyche - but today as I sat out in the courtyard of IUK's main building I could appreciate little more. I also believe that Daylight Savings has had a beneficial effect upon my evening homework times because the world seems so much more free to contemplation when it is still light outside at 8 o'clock.

Speaking of contemplation, I am in the last home stretch of literature papers before our finals in four weeks. In my L298 class I chose to write my ending paper on More's Utopia and I have checked out no fewer than ten books from two libraries to facilitate my research. And this morning I got a rather frightening occurrence. When the alarm went off, I looked at the clock and the very first thought in my head was "My my, 6:45, that minute sounds very like a Sir Thomas More minute! Heh, 6:45.... wonder what More would have thought of it...."

Doesn't the brain come up with the oddest stuff when it's first out of slumber?

Anywho. In order to combat a serious condition of Utopoplague I plan to take some of the rest of the evening off and watch a special film that mom is showing on ... English literature and John Donne.

Ah, relaxation!!!

5 comentarios:

Amy Thorne dijo...

Yeah, too bad that Trevor was there to stiffle the Donneian sobriety and general peacefulness.

Anónimo dijo...

And you are really going to ignore the psychological damage of the lima bean on WGC? Probably a good idea!!!

the green sharpie! dijo...

Hey Candace! Haven't seen you for a while....so here I am I...I am here...hereth I be...whoa, anyway hi and ttyl.
Leah :-P

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Cabbage! I haven't talked to you in awhile so I thought that I would just say hey. I hope that you are having a good day. Tell everyone hi.

Suzanne dijo...

I believe that WGC are so frightened of the psychological damage on the lima bean that they never touch the stuff.

Hi to you Christa!