miércoles, marzo 01, 2006

Ye olde hattes of rede

Well, it’s officially Shakespeare week on planet IUK. Today I had the inestimable pleasure of putting on a silly red hat and guiding an English actor 12 steps down the hall to a classroom. On the hat subject, the trademark of all the students who signed up as Shakespeare Ambassadors are these red Renaissance hats which look unsettlingly like pastries. As out of place as I must have looked in Walgreens yesterday (people would stare and then begin hiding from my pastry of doom) when four of us are on campus together and sailing down the wind like a very flock of giddy tarts I believe the very sight of us must be moving and sublime.

And as you’ll note, I’ve been so stuffed with the Bards endless iambic pentameter that I managed to squeeze 116 words into three stuffed sentences.

Methinks I will hie me down to bed where dreams of scarlet bonnets can sing me to my rest…

4 comentarios:

quirky dijo...

that's very cute and delightful. i want a red hat now. will you send me one? i'll join the shakespeare ambassadors club!!! dr tkacik makes late people read shakespeare for class (poli sci). it's awesome. you have a splendid... um... day, or week, or whatever it is you're going to have. kbye.

Anónimo dijo...

Red Hats!!! Delightful. Is there a picture of the Red Hat Society?
(Shakesperean style of course)

Amy Thorne dijo...

Wow, I get shivers when I just think of it... um, I mean:

The merest hint of the idea of your sad loss of sanity and the feverish rush of the scarlet-laced headgear that so indelicately followed your plunge into madness leaveth my bones and flesh clinging together in a useless agony of pain I feel acutely though it did not orgionally belong to me nor was I in any way, manner, or form occasioned to bring such mental nightmares and ditches of fervid senselessness into my now forever saddened and forlorn being.

Suzanne dijo...

I have a lovely pic of you in your red hat. I shouldn't be suprised if someday it were to make it onto my blog. :-D