martes, agosto 09, 2005

More Headlines

Garsh!!!!





I had such a cool blog in my head this morning, but I couldn't possibly get near a computer: I was having to take a shower, spend an hour giving a violin lesson to a gal at our church, then play dollies with her little sisters. Cool things, don't get me wrong, but very unconducive to blogging. Now, I have exatly 58 minutes to impress all you peeps with my wordsy flair (ha!), practice me violino, write something to impress my Editor in Chief with my wordsy flair (hahahaha!!!), and go online and see if I can buy some of my books cheeper then $158,568 (the bookstore price). See how much I go through to get to you guys?

So what's up in the world? Well, was glad to hear that the Discovery is on solid ground again, as of late last night/early this morning/whenever (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=10340044). Since the previous shuttle flight so greatly affected the area that we were living in, I suppose that some of the residents of East Texas took to heart NASA's plans with the whole shuttle program. We had to deal with the tragedy while it was literally falling all around us, but I personally felt that I really wanted them to get up on the horse again and continue with exploration and progress. I was pretty pumped to hear that they'd gone through with their promises and launched another flight (although heavily modified with extra scanners of course), but to have Discovery back with no loss of life was a real mercy of God.

On another tangent, Josh and I will (DV) be attending our last college Bible study tonight. ::sniffle sniffle:: Yeah, it's been the coolest to 1) have something to look forward to every week, 2) have a constant informal setting of interacting with PEOPLE MY OWN AGE ah hem, 3) (and probably the most long term impact) have another means of grace in my life - a group of people expounding the Scriptures from their own lives. Take it when you can get it, folks, because it can be a really neat thing.

Oh, and such superlative grammatical expresssions as "very unconducive" and "a really neat thing" are the direct result of wating 'til this late hour of the morning ;D to do my blogging. Take a lesson, my children, and write early in the day when you can make sense. Sabe?

On that same subject, my loverly brother Josh is going to leave me this Saturday. Do you ever miss someone before they've even started packing? ::looks around:: No? Oh, well I do.
Had my first real fender bender today (I knew it was coming) but it was so very mild that all you can tell for it is a corner of the license plate is bent. lt was a very low speed someone-backing-into-you-in-the-Kroger-parking-lot kind of bump. I did stop and honk, but the lady couldn't see me. In the end God is a very merciful God - of all of the horrible things that might have happend to me in the 3 or 4 years that I've been driving, this was the only one that actually came about.

Ho Hum. I think that I shall post this now, but it is such a very bad blog that I don't promise not to change it later! Haha!

4 comentarios:

Feanor dijo...

I'm so glad you took time out of your busy schedule to tell us what is happening in your exciting life, including bumps and smashes, and on that note, what about the deer? Didn't that count for something amongst the bad things that could have happened?

C. Bright dijo...

Ooo, you're absolutely right. Silly me (but that wasn't really my car, and it certainly wasn't my fault - poor silly deer). I guess I was thinking car to car impacts.

Amy Thorne dijo...

The deer was alot worse, too. Let's just say that the deer wasn't very dear.

Heh, Evan, you were there when we came home from that, weren't you?

Hooray for Cabbage blogging! Smashing fun! Sucess! History recorded for the world! Russell Watson concerts! Playbing Mimi in La Boheme! wow, I am moving into the unreal (as of this one little moment right here...)

Feanor dijo...

Yup, that was a really weird day.