martes, junio 28, 2005

More Cheese

[Decided to be cheesy again and sabotage letters that I’ve sent to people recently. After all, why rewrite the same news?! This is gonna be repetitive and fragmentary, but hey, at least I’m alive.]

What's up with my life? Well, I'd have to say for the most short term - I'm trying to get a summer job. Yes, it's pretty late to start looking, but a lot of the last half of May was spent it preparing for my homeschool High School graduation. And a lot of the first half of June was spent recovering from it (I still have a dozen thank you letters to write!). I do have the very good fortune of knowing where I'll go to school. In the fall I'm headed for Indiana University Kokomo (which is 3 miles from our house, incidentally). There are no dorms, so I'm a commuter, and I'll be majoring in English or Humanities - for starters, that is.

Where has God taken me since last year? Well, up here! We moved to Kokomo last August, became members of Sycamore RPC, and my Dad is a pastoral intern working on his license to preach. We all really love the people up here (in Indiana, not just Kokomo) the RP church has been so very loving and kind. I've basically been in independent non-denominational churches all my life, so I'm able to view this experience as the new kid. Pretty cool. ...

And no, none of my friends really ever caught on to Candy. The closer friends I had down in Texas did call me Cabbage, though. It was simply a diminutive nickname - not an insult like it sounds!! ...

Did you like Batman very much? I did, I actually got to see it a second time within the next couple of days because we went first with some friends and then our siblings wanted to see it! I'm gotta try to have a dinner and a movie with Amy, my sister, and see the third Star Wars again. With such big juicy movies it's kindof a shame to see them in theaters only once!! ...

Yes, we were very seriously considering a preliminary get-to-know-you trip to the UK, but now it seems much less likely. God moves in mysterious ways and for this summer the doors simply didn't seem to open for Scotland. It's too late now to sign up for ECHO but I won't be sad. There's plenty for me to do here, and I'm actually looking forward to spending a quieter summer at home in Indiana. Josh (my older brother up from Texas for the summer) and I have been able to go down to Indy a couple of times to a Bible study for college age students and we've both really enjoyed it.

You mentioned riding lessons. Do you ride horses? That's extremely cool. I had a horse once a long time ago, but I haven't really been able to ride any since. Yes, Amy and I are trying to get a job for those "long Summer days" perhaps not one as interesting at yours (our brightest prospect is Kroger right now) but we've been praying for God to guide us to whatever work (in a job or school or help) that He would have us to do. ...

[As I said in my last post, some of those prayers have been answered. And today I'm hitting the grind again - turning out a new resumé and applications]

3 comentarios:

Feanor dijo...

So apparently your emailing people who hardly know you and yet my inbox is empty (except for forwarded messages from the Perry Alliance which are unwelcome) DOesn't anyone care about Sid the Sloth? Oh well, I'll just go away by myself

quirky dijo...

"big juicy movies..."??? ok, that's a very interesting description of batman. i haven't seen it yet.

C. Bright dijo...

Well, just big budget - special effects all the ... stuff.

Fe, you call my litter brother and talk for a few hours a week. I rather thought that fulfulled the communication requirement.