miércoles, junio 08, 2005

Here we are.

Well, I'm graduated.

How does it feel? Well, if it takes a village to raise a child it takes a fleet of galley slaves to graduate one. My family banded up and worked like a team of paid designers and caterers, they moved chairs and tables, set up the sound system, framed pictures, arranged balloons, even printed my acceptance speech! ::many bows to Mr. Benny:: Mom, Dad, Amy, and my BF Esther all wrote killer speeches (and still found time to help me organize and scrapbooks and baby toys!). My Granny put her life on hold to host us in high Southern style (with enough gravy and cake for Cox's army!!). Garsh, where does it all end?!

Dozens of people spent a whole Friday evening celebrating with me, junior high conductors whom I hadn't seen in a few years, old friends of my Grandmother's whom I couldn't tell from Adam. My Aunt drove 2 hrs from Miniola, my Uncle Lee actually slipped away from his work and drove 30 miles one way to stay for an hour. And then there was my Uncle Keith Carnes who traveled from Austin a whopping four or five hours one way, only to drive back that night because he had to work the next day!! Man, what did I ever to to interest or help these people? That's what I keep asking as I receive card after card in the mail. For now I'm putting the gifts back in a bank account, but why should they bother to send their money across the country at all?!

So yeah, I'm graduated, but it took the sacrifice of a lot of people, and a the abundant grace of God to provide for me. A week, heh, that I'll never forget.

3 comentarios:

Feanor dijo...

And don't forget all the time it took me to make that LEGO display, even if it was destroyed. The reason is simple Cabbage, you're totally awsome.

Suzanne dijo...

Yes I must admit, your LEGOS design was amazing.

Luddie dijo...

And hopefully you too will still be getting grad gifts two years from now. Just think of it!