sábado, junio 25, 2005

Huzzah

Read back over your old blog titles some time (or at least the ones from the last two months) - if you're like me you'll see some fascinating highs and lows. You might have gathered from mom's blog that we had a church backyard fellowship night last Wednesday night - volleyball is so cool. And Fireflies!!! Oooo, I don't like bugs in my ear, but aren't they the most wondrous little creatures?! If you go riding through the country it truly looks like the night sky has come down into the field. ::sigh:: It was a nice night of Psalm singing, hot dogs, bubbles (with a big bubble wand) et all.

What does I now? I looks out the winder and I sees an overcast sky - my first reaction? Yippee!! Rain! Wind!! Mud puddles!!! But when I thinks about it I sees that if Josh and I are attending an outdoor concert in Indianapolis then we'd better hope that the rain don't travel down there. That or bring hats tethered with lightning rods.

This concert comes with attending Bible studies with the Covenanter Young Adults, the college-student-type ministry of a church in Indianapolis. Josh and I have gone to three of the Tuesday night studies at the home of an Associate Pastor there and have really loved it. This evening we'll be able to go to an outdoor concert of fireworks, picnic food, and George Gershwin music. Should be very coolness.

Oh, and last night we Jones girls hosted a party at our church that had a good 20 young ladies. Yeah, it was actually a ton of fun. I should have Amy write a full length review, but you can go to Ginny's site and see the very biased review :P.

Now me thinks me gets ready for me's picnic.



Oh, and this morning I just up and prayed that God would even get us some babysitting work (Amy and I have been trying to find more work), and at 10:30 or so Amy got a call from a neighborhood lady that we've been getting to know. She needed a babysitter right away, and off goes Amy. Our God is abundantly gracious and full of tender mercies.

4 comentarios:

Feanor dijo...

I was invited to that party, but I couldn't run fast enough,poor me.

Luddie dijo...

I wasn't invited. :(

C. Bright dijo...

Well, Mr. Lud, I believe that your picture illustrates your state of... contentedness.

Mr. Fe, I believe that may be a presumptuous fantasy.

Feanor dijo...

Nope, I was formally invited by a credible giver of invitations and my presence was reportedly deeply missed, even if you didn't notice.