lunes, mayo 16, 2005

A "What's going on with me today" post

Well, to copy a fellow blogger's grocery list style, today in a whirl.

7:20 - Wakey wakey time; delicious biscuits; chauffeuring duty

8:15 - Study a while in the Word. Had a particular burden on my heart that I got to pray about, and share with someone else. (Get an accountability partner, folks, God uses them and for me these are the times when He has shown Himself to be so gracious.)

9:00 - Geometry. I had a lot on my mind during the college school year, so I paused my homeschooling courses. Now I'm back to simple, self-checked 30 problem lessons. Ahhh.

10:45 - Oh the joys of lunch on the road! We set off for Carmel and Mom asks for some munchies. What do I pull out of my magic bag? Raisin bread, cold hotdogs, and celery!! No mustard, chili, pickles, nah just the crushing reality of leftovers in a 10" by 12" box. Needless to say... we had a blast.

12:10 - Music. Pam. Dog hairs. Yeah, the works.

3:00 - Arrive back in Kokomo, fruit salad (yummers!), blog

4:00 - Kokomo Homeschool Youth Ensemble. Big name, small group. But we have fun -Bach, Beethoven, Rossini, they were awesome dudes. I will sit by our Concertmaster, Joel, and try 1) to keep up, 2) to play few enough "eewies" to escape Mr. Christensen's irrepressible smile. One day, for example:
::Candace screeches to the end of a passage and sticks out her tongue::
Cabbage: "Goodness, sorry about that Mr. Chrisensen, I just feel really off today."
Mr. Chritensen: "Oh really? ::titters:: It didn't sound at all out of the ordinary to me!"
But in truth he's a great guy, we just have so much fun with the witty sparing, I'm not sure I could have stuck it through two semesters of ensemble without him.

5:30 - Ensemble ends, hitchhike home (read: Catch a ride with our pastor's wife), supper (in the words of Ben "We have a choice! Beans, beans, or beans.")

6:45 - Ejercicios at the YMCA. A Yoga class (mom's idea).

8:00 - A movie date with a tall, dark-featured Spaniard (who incidentally assumes the shape of Marius the orange Cat from 12:38 am to 11 pm the next night.)

::looks at watch:: Almost 3:45, time to get life into gear again. Hope I didn't bore you all to bits a pieces. But I'm just a staff writer here, if you don't like something - write a letter to the editor. :P !

2 comentarios:

Suzanne dijo...

Yeah, that cold hot dog on raisen bread was a bummer for even a hardened scrapper like myself - but it was good for a laugh.

Feanor dijo...

So was that guffaw about you having a fan club, or me being president of it. Either way there was no need for laughter. I'll take the job, and am well qualified :)