miércoles, mayo 11, 2005

Martha-ing around

Confessions of a Teenage Procrastinator

How is it that when I have the most time, and my summer begins to open up I suddenly find that I have time for nothing, and that I feel like it's been eons since I quieted myself before God, and prayed or read His Word? (on a side note, do you see what summer also does to my sentence construction?)

Here's how it goes. ::Cabbage in the middle of cleaning her room, or replying to emails, or working on some Spanish:: "Gosh I'm fried, this stuff is so unengaging, why not sneak off for half and hour and read in the Bible, why not find some good Psalms and sing them, or read the stories of godly people in a good biography?" "Nope, too much fun. This has gotta be done right now, I'll just stick it out because God would rather me do this."

Kindof dumb, huh? In fact, really dumb. The thought came rolling home this evening, that although there is a place for my work, my duty, and all that other me stuff, the whole point of His salvation is to bring me to worshipping Him. And the very means of grace that I could be mining for refreshment, growth, and joy are the things I'm neglecting because "clearly" there are other things that need to be done first. Satan laughs. It pleases him best when I carry heavy loads of dawn to dusk Duty; all that my Father wants me to do is cast away the weight and besetting sin and run with the light and easy load.

Yet let's glance a moment at the other hand, it's unbelievable but true, that staying faithful in the mundane is pleasing to him as well. smiling as my little bro raves about his new picture lens flair, these things are glorifying, even pleasing to God. A bit of a paradox, ain't it?

And where does blogging fit into it all? For starters, it is to be done like every other good work: heartily, as unto my Maker and Husband (Isa 54:5). And so I wanna stay connected with you guys. This is a gift from Him, and those are to be taken seriously. Here I can hear my Mom's voice in the back of my head, "Not every one can be the perfect blogger all the time, that would mean that you didn't really have a life worth talking about. It's ok to fall off the face of the world every now and then." Thanks, Mom. I will.

2 comentarios:

Suzanne dijo...

These words go straight to the heart. Thanks for the exhorting thought of the day. :-)

Feanor dijo...

Thats the truth. And about falling off the face of the earth, all bloggers should do it now and then;) I do it all the time.