lunes, enero 17, 2005

Finaly a focus

Allrighty my good peeps, I have now found the reasons for blogging within my own wee head and will try to put your waiting to rest (a particular apology to Mom, who had to go through the numerous and grumpy refusals for a season). The simple truth is that after attending the Covenanter Young Adult Winter Conference this last weekend God opened up to a... (the adjective "beautiful" comes to mind!) group of young people all of whom I want to know. And blogging seems like the only way to humanly connect with them all (hey I like my beauty sleep).

Sadly, although "my purpose holds" to really make work and sense of connecting, this particular blog is just a jumble of my thoughts and reactions, and part of an email I sent to a friend, sorry if it jumps into the middle of things, but hey, that's what I'm doing too:

I haven't been able to describe what God showed to me all during the conference. There is so much to cherish in His grace, so much to hold on to in what He has done for us. But His light His words of freedom, that make so much sense and are so simple, has now shined upon me and lit up more than corners in my heart - they have revealed a Savior that will bear me up to himself with his own outstretched arm, on the power of his own blood. His words came to me and won out over doubts that have been my tyrants. His love to me was sweet, overwhelming, but to my enemies he spread a sheet of grace ten feet deep At first I was so nervy and skittish, I would keep sitting way off in corners with my mouth clamped shut. Looking back, I should have used my precious time better, launching out among people and asking about their lives. But on the other hand, I was SO encouraged and blessed to have people come up to me and sit down to hear about my world, like I was a kind of long lost sister.

Well, the conference for me was a blast, an eye opener, a wash of grace from my Father. I really appreciate that we were surrounded by such godly men who on one hand were relentless for their faith, but on the other were so compassionate and meek and balanced. As a young sapling with hasty, condemning blood rushing around in my veins I am genuinely amazed every time I hear gentleness and farsightedness fall from the lips of a mature Christian. What remarkable humbleness of spirit it takes to say the things they did!! I mean, the whole tattoo thing in the Stump the pastors, I would've just said, "Yeah, you're young and rebellious and so whatever first impulse in your head - its wrong. Don't do it." But they didn't got about it that way at all, they gave reasons that referred someone back to God, Whose body is it anyways? How do marks signify a claim of ownership? Are you willing to submit, not to the standards or weaknesses of stuffy people, but to the calling of God? Wow. A brain wave. (as C. S. Lewis put it) Then, if that wasn't enough they added that they'd go really far with someone who was trying to seek God, they wouldn't dream of shutting out His grace to someone who made a mistake or who just wasn't to a place where they could see a fault yet.

Well, more later. Tootles!

5 comentarios:

Suzanne dijo...

Harrah for bold peas. Peas who are brave and will roll out into the world. Peas who will take a chance even if it means getting smashed. Peas such as yourself.

Feanor dijo...

Sounds like a breakthrough moment, we all need them periodicly sprinkled through our lives. The same ol same ol gets hard and eventually our Walk gets sloggy. Good going, keep it up,
tata

C. Bright dijo...

Thanks, you lovelies, what fast repliers (do I sence a little extra time on y'all's hands? because if so, I've got some great Chem homework you could do for me!). Well, speaking of chemestry, it starts in 20 min's so later taters.

Feanor dijo...

Hey Cabbage, now that your posting can I put a link to your blog from mine? Uhh yeah I guess I do have a little extra time or at least enough to keep tabs on everybody in my section of the blogoshpere. TaTa

C. Bright dijo...

Yup, link me up bud.