jueves, febrero 05, 2009

I wanna see miracles
To see the world change
I wrestled the angel for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
Singing 'Spirit, take me up in arms with You'
And you're raising the dead in me


And if I'm honest, what scares me is that I look in my heart and this is exactly what I don't see. Not this, but selfishness and bitterness, laziness and apathy... coupled with a crippling inability to see the Savior who came to change it all. How it would transform me if I could see Him clearly...

But then I remember what a much better suppliant once prayed:

Lord, I do believe, help my unbelief!


And how he was answered
the spirit rebuked, a son restored, life changed. God incarnate reached down, grabbed his hand, and pulled him up... alive.


Lord, you've been raising the dead in me all along, and tonight I get to worship you just like a father and son did 2000 years ago: afresh, alive, anew.

No hay comentarios.: