sábado, julio 26, 2008

gone

Welp, some of you are just getting home from Calvin, some of you are progressing through your anything-but-normal lives playing with toy dinosaurs on the navigation comm or going up stairs via umbrella (you know who you are), but I know that all of you have a two burning questions on your mind as you flutter through your day.

Where oh where has Candace gone? and Why isn't she responding to my incessant messages on blogger/facebook?

The answer to the question #1 - Walton, New York - may only produce further perturbation.

Where on the planet is Walton New York???

long answer: here
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Walton+NY&ie=UTF8&ll=42.166203,-75.122108&spn=0.109677,0.211487&t=h&z=12&iwloc=addr


short answer:

Nowhere
---------------------------------------------
l

l
l here.

l
l
---------------------------------------------


Which is precisely why I came.

Basically, this has been a whirlwind summer for me. Really a whirlwind half a year. First a fun but busy semester. Then Mexico for 7 weeks, then some rapid catching up with friends, and lastly the conference at Calvin where sleep as a HS counselor was so little of a priority that we only managed 1.4 hours on the last night. Sooooo yeah. First on my list of things to do in the next 48 hrs is sleep, sleeep, sleeeeeeeep.

I guess the bigger issue, though, is that on top of it all, this has been a pretty brain-intensive time as well. The Lord has had a lot to teach me in the last 7 months and it was pointed out to me that my brain can't just have input time, it needs processing time as well. So I wanted a place to process.

And that is why I'm writing this note from upstate New York and not my home in Indiana (much as I love it there!). I first came to Walton on a trip this Spring Break, and the beauty, quietness, and hospitality of it all so impacted me, that when I started thinking of places to get away to this was the first one on my mind. It isn't that I can't think and pray in Kokomo, but a wittle voice inside of me warned that all of the legitimate claims, duties, and opportunities of home would distract from the task of resting, seeking, and praying. Middle of Nowhere, here I come.

And in case you're wondering why I didn't tell you about it sooner, quite honestly I didn't know about it any sooner. I've been wanting to get away for a while, but this specific plan didn't burst upon my cranium until... ah hem, very recently. A few Walton friends very graciously offered to give me a ride and a bed, so on Friday I packed my bag of tricks and here I am.


Now to the second question, Wherefore are thou on facebook or blogger, oh Candace?

answer:
I'm not.
>:D

The general plan while I'm out here to pray, read and memorize scripture, pray, get to know the local Walton RP congregation, pray, work and help out a couple of families as I can, pray, and lastly, get out into the woods and pray some more.

See anything about Facebook on there? Nope. Sorry, this girl needs a Facebook and blogger break.

So let me be abundantly clear:

I am not checking my Facebook while I'm out here.
if you poke me on Facebook - I will not see it.
if you invite me to an event on Facebook - I will not see it.
if you make me your friend on Facebook - I will not see it.
if you send me a comment or message on Blogger or on Facebook - I will not see it.
if you send me a flagwaving, green and purple superhug via superpoke - I will not see it.

So alas, what can you do?
Well, if you truly wish to contact in the next week(s) before I get back for any greeting, question, sanity checkup, or interpretive dance, do this:

email me!!!

That's right folks! In the dawn of time before Facebook there was email! I will check my email (which ironically is on my facebook wall)
from time to time, so your salutations and concerns will eventually be seen there. And I won't be gone for ever anyways, methinks I'll get back to it all when school starts. If you could care less that I fall off the face of the earth, good for you; have a donut and enjoy the rest of your day.


And lastly, when will I be getting home?

Uh, sometime... before school starts. In August. sometime.

Honestly, I'm not too worried/specific on that end. I know that I'm here for at least a week, and maybe longer than that. I'll work out transportation when it becomes clear that I need to head west. NY has planes, buses, cars, and cows, one of those is bound to do when I get me back to Hoosier-land.

Are we cool now? On the same page? Clear as mud?

Good.

See ya

on the other side.

No hay comentarios.: