sábado, enero 28, 2006

Matters of music and marching meter

After the wild success of my Hrothgar post I was tempted to just put out a series entitled Unferth, Higlac, Offa, and (my personal favorite) Wiglaf. Unfortunately, the great outcries against such treasured household names gave me pause, wary lest my neck should be cloven with an ancient enchanted sword. And so I’ve reverted to the droll habit of reporting on real life.

Last semester’s cool busyness has been replaced by the insane downward crash of full time schoolhood, and daughterhood, and part time musicianhood and workhood (not to mention sister- and friendhood, which are different demands entirely!). I am happy to report that I *love* all of my classes (Lit, Lit, Speech, Spanish, Newspaper) save one – never was a public speaker – and so even though I spend all day stringing sentences together their various natures keep up a wonderful diversity

Speaking of wonderful. The Jones household partook in yet another high school orchestra concert today, featuring Mr. Ben and Miss Amy. Actually attending a youth concert is a new experience for me I guess I was the one who started playing in string orchestras 8+ years ago, but this time, due to the demands of all the other hoods I sat out! Mr. Christiansen, the conductor, is a very good song-pickerouter. This year the youth played a Hayden peace, Bizet’s Carment (the string version, not the tragical, extravagant opera!), and mmmm Beethoven’s Prometheus overture. It’s very hard to top the Egmont overture, which we played last semester but this one’s pretty good.

Go to concerts thou burdened bookworm of blogger baloney! Thou wilt find that thy weary wit will be well watered with worthy waves!

Oop, that’s the inner Hrothgar coming out again, better wrap up the post before my marching meter makes some mongrel meditate munching my mead-hall!




Ok, just to set eeeeeveryone straight on my views of mead, I can assure you that it was mearly a culture reference. Anyone who ever catches me drinking sick rotted honey that would knock a thane over can have my next lunch!

6 comentarios:

Suzanne dijo...

Whoa! Alliterations on an epic scale!

Anónimo dijo...

Alliterations and allierations and more! I beg to differ - the one time I head you make a speech, it was woooonderful.

Amy Thorne dijo...

Give me a call next time you visit the mead-hall. I hear that's the uber best place to watch the Colts' games.

And it's Christenson, not Christiansen, you goober.

Leighanne dijo...

Candace! Is this the Candace I know??? That used to be a part of NAHSA? I believe it is. After long absensces of cummunication, I believe I have found you again, though I could have asked Esther. This is the girl (name to remain anonymous) that you and your sister took to Putt Putt before you left but it was closed. Is this you?

C. Bright dijo...

Ah ha! My old put put friend! Yes this is the Candace you know, how very nice to hear from you again! Hope all is well on your front.

Anónimo dijo...

all alligned alliterations appear applicable and appropriately applied.