viernes, noviembre 13, 2009

on the One Child policy in China

How do you speak about the unspeakable? You can't. And I don't really have a lot I can say about this article from the Washington Times this week except that the truth of what's happening to women and infants in China needs to be known. (Also, I have never been so angry at the current US administration as I was when I read this article and considered that there was even a possibility that they would remain silent about this in their relations with China. It is mindbogglingly disappointing.)

There were at least two articles on this topic in the Washington Times this week and, trust me, this is the less graphic one; but be forewarned that it still mentions some horrible and tragic things.
And lastly, it's that much more horrible now that I actually know some women from this land, and then realize that in their home country this is happening to women in the thousands, but more likely millions, around them.
Oh God, bring justice to the oppressed.


DUIN: Obama silent on One Child policy - Washington Times

No hay comentarios.: