miércoles, abril 22, 2009

she lives!

And blogs about it too, on occasion!

So yea, a dirth in the virtual world usually means happenings in the real world (or at least my much-too-laziness in the area of blogging). But now here I sit, defying a mountain of glaring dishes to pause and update you about my life... soooo good of me! ;P

It's been a while since a blog of any actually content so to backtrack a little:

1) Yes, I am really and truly going to Purdue this fall! Today they wrote me a big important email requesting my official acceptance and registration and all that (and a lot of other less exciting paper work). But hey! It's a big step into... uh, the future! So here goes!

2) I had a rather fabulous weekend at the OY conference this weekend. Listening to the conference talks and applying them in evangelism would've made the weekend by themselves. But add to that working with a dear friend as co-cook (where we got to design pizzas - haHA!), staying up 'til stupid-o'clock for wonderful fellowship, and being broadsided by how simple it is to share the gospel sometimes, and how much I need to be sharing it... what a wonderful time it was!!

Even when after this lovely time, the week just seemed to continue in loveliness. I got to go ice skating for the second time ever and closely acquainted myself with several good ways in which to contact the ground... :P But it was a blast and good exercise too and it made me ponder the possibilities of a Texan really being able to propel themselves forward on a frozen surface.
So yea, somehow the beginning of the week crept up on me again, and I'm launched into subbing to do, emails to send, and dishes (still!) to wash. And on top of the list of normal to-do's there's helping 'bridesmaid' in two weddings, and preparing for the fast approaching Israel trip (have I told y'all that I'm going on a mission trip to Israel??? I should've worked that in somewhere...).

But somehow this week I've just looked around and saw within the responsibilities what I should see all the time - loads, piles, and mountains of blessing.

Oh Lord, I have it so good... may it all point me back to You.

2 comentarios:

Joel and Stacey dijo...

Glad to see you are back, alive and I love the new blog look! :-)

aswine dijo...

If you'd like to feel worse about not evangelizing, check out Wretched Radio.
http://www.wretchedradio.com/